Italian in the kitchen
The Italian in the Kitchen course is divided into a theoretical part and a practical part.
The theoretical part (10 hours) will introduce you to different aspects of the history of Italian cuisine and teach you the vocabulary by reading specific texts and recipes for famous Italian dishes. Your teacher will also accompany you on a visit to the shops and food markets in the center of Bologna.
The practical part (without the ARCA teacher) consists of 3 meetings of around 3 and a half hours, in a pasta laboratory run by a professional chef, during which you will try your hand at:
• making the dough
• rolling out the pastry
• preparing the fillings
• preparing such classic dishes as tortellini, tortelloni, tagliatelle & lasagne
And of course, at the end of the day you will be able to taste the dishes you have prepared!
On request the schools can organize (at additional charge):
• a visit with the teacher to a traditional baker’s including the chance to sample some typical local products
• a visit with the teacher to a piadineria, where you can watch the piadina being made and taste this specialty from Romagna
• a visit with the teacher to an enoteca with the chance to sample some typical local wines
• a visit with the teacher to a company that produces Modena balsamic vinegar
• a visit with the teacher to an olive-oil factory that produces Brisighella oil
PRICE-LIST (INCLUDING TAX)
- 1 WEEK (20 hours)
1 student = € 990,00
2 students = € 600,00 each
3 or more students = € 500,00 each
- 2 WEEKS (40 hours)
1 student = € 1.900,00
2 students = € 1.100,00 each
3 or more students = € 800,00 each